Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland OH - 11/28/07

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

Beachland Ballroom - Cleveland OH - 11/28/07

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:22 am

Just returned from an EP Road Trip with the FastWoman and wanted to post the setlist and to let you know that EP wrote a new song on Sunday 11/25/07 called If I Could Catch the Rain. I'll work on a thread to give you more information on the song soon, but for now you need to know that its terrific!

And we got to hear the Christmas Song Little Wood Guitar which was totally awesome - EP put so much life into that song - and we got to hear it three nights in a row. He said he'd like to do a Christmas album sometime soon. How cool would that be? What a Grand Christmas Present!!!

Antje Duvekot opened for Ellis and she was great as usual. We're having pretty tough weather today at home, and she's playing in Wilmette, IL tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll go.

Anyway... here's the setlists for Cleveland:

Antje's Setlist (as best as I can)
1. Penny Evans?
2. New Song #1 - 1980/Alabama Skies?
3. Dandelion
4. Diamond on Your Hand w/ Ellis
5. New Song #2 - Keep Walking?
6. Anna

Ellis Setlist
1. Once Upon A Summertime (Piano)
2. If I Could Catch the Rain (New Song - Piano)
3. Maria's Beautiful Mess
4. Take All the Sky You Need
5. Jukebox On My Grave
6. Alice's Champagne Palace (w/Antje)
7. Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key (w/Antje)
8. Last Call (w/Antje)
9. The Hurt (or whatever that song will end up being named)
10. Blacktop Train
11. Home (Piano)
12. The Night Hank Williams Came to Town (Piano)
13. Million Chameleon March
14. Road Trip
15. 3,000 Miles
16. Little Wood Guitar (Encore)

We were hoping they would sing Abiola, but I it sounded like they didn't have time to rehearse. :( Maybe next time.

I'll post setlists for Louisville and Covington, KY next.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:07 am

Dean,

You are my new hero! :D Not only for going to 3 EP shows in 3 nights (Makes me feel kinda normal) but also for following up with posts on the board. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :)

You have whetted my appetite for the brand new song! Hopefylly this coming weekend Ellis will play it - I'll be seeing him at 2 (possibly 3) shows in Oklahoma, and am keeping my fingers crossed. :) I say possibly 3 because the show at The Depot in Norman (BeckyG's series) offcially sold out this past Friday night - the earliest that any show at The Depot has sold out! So Becky says they may keep a waiting list and add a second show if EP is up for it.

Thanks again! Don't you just love a Road Trip? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:07 am

Dear Karen:

Think nothing of it. It was a fantastic week and about 1,000 miles driving (the miles on the dash were doing back flips! for sure), and many hours listening to The Dragonfly Races. I'm hoping he'll come to Chicago soon - I see he has a show in Bloomington, IL that we're hoping to make.

I know his new CD just came out and we need to take time to enjoy it, but with all the new music he has, I sure can't wait until he releases his latest stuff - there are some incredibly moving songs that need to be heard!

Take care,
db

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:02 am

Thanks for the reports from the road, Dean..and belated welcome!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”